11.02.2009

November 3rd 2009 - The Echo of Energy

I was watching television recently (which I rarely do, for this very reason) and came across a piece about a movie that I thought was very disturbing. I don't want to get into the subject matter of the movie. We are all aware that there are a lot of disturbing movies being made. My question is, why are people paying money to see them? Why do people enjoy seeing people being killed, raped, beaten, shot, kidnapped, etc. in movies? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Less disturbing, but still disturbing in my opinion, are all the movies, shows, books and articles about people mistreating each other, hating each other, talking bad about each other, etc. What is entertaining about that stuff? A lot of people rationalize that this is the way Real Life is, and they want to see, hear and read material about Real Life. Why?

The reason I bring this up is because I believe that people are mostly unaware of the immensely powerful connection between what is portrayed in the media - whether it be fact or fiction - and what pans out in Real Life. There is a very powerful bidirectional flow of energy between the media and Real Life. They constantly echo each other. People fashion Life from what they see, hear or read in the media, while the media fashion their products from Life, real or imagined. People accept that what is expressed or portrayed in the media is a suitable representation of what Life is supposed to look like, and, lo and behold, Life continues on that way.

What I would like to suggest is that until the vicious cycle of media and Life feeding each other garbage is replaced with representations of Life as we really want it to be, Life will remain just as it is. Although we can't control the products the media put out, we can refuse to consume them. We can make choices about what kind of stories and imagery we want to allow into our minds, knowing that our minds will fashion our ideas about Life from whatever imagery and information our minds take in, from whatever source.

I am not suggesting that we completely insulate ourselves from reality, and run away from all of the trouble in the world. There are problems in the world that we need to fix through global cooperation. Watching a documentary for the purpose of becoming informed, or reading a news article to understand what is going on in less-advantaged parts of the world is not what we need to guard our minds against. What we need to guard our minds against is the glorification of violence and hatred. This stuff has no entertainment value. You have to ask yourself, what part of you wants to go to a movie to be scared, or to see people kill each other for fun or money. This kind of imagery is all too common, today. When you spend your money and time consuming such imagery, you are feeding it.

I would highly recommend that people monitor what kind of information they are getting from the media. When you watch a television show, ask yourself what value you are really getting from spending your precious time watching that show. When I see television shows depicting scenarios that I wouldn't want played out in Life, I change the channel, or turn the TV off. Frankly, I watch very little TV, because I don't think there is much worthwhile to watch. I also don't go to the movies as much as I used to, because I don't enjoy what is portrayed in most of them. I used to love watching movies about organized crime and war, and now I ask myself why I ever sat through them? Why do we enjoy seeing characters being dropped into rivers in cement shoes by guys named Vinnie and Rocco, or soldiers getting their legs blown off by land mines? We don't really understand how deeply this type of imagery affects our Consciousness. And then our Consciousness takes the imagery and concepts fed to it, and creates Real Life from it.

This past Saturday, I went to a park in the Everglades and biked 15 miles through the River of Grass. I saw so many beautiful birds. Blue Herons, Cranes, Hawks, Egrets, Aninghas, Blue Jays and more. I saw many fish. I even saw an alligator. That was some beautiful imagery. Nature is beautiful. If only people would spend more time in Nature, and less time shopping and watching television, we would have more beautiful lives. This morning, an egret flew right by my windshield over the hood of my car, before it landed on a nearby sidewalk, as I waited for a traffic light. It, literally, passed an inch or two over my hood. It was such an amazing sight. I don't think it was any coincidence. I've noticed that when I focus on Nature with gratitude, Nature answers by bringing me beautiful visions.

Take control of your mind. Fill it with the imagery you want to have in it. Refuse to contaminate it with all the poison that is out there. Sometimes it seems so inviting, but it's effects are lingering. Make your life a beautiful life. Make it a beautiful story to tell to your children and grandchildren, so that they will learn to fashion beautiful lives.

Naturally,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment