11.18.2009

November 18th 2009 - Shifting Perspective

Hello again. I haven't written much since I got back from my West Coast trip. I've been going through a bit of a consciousness shift. People who are on a spiritual track go through many. When your awareness shifts, you may look back at what you have written, said and done - even the day before - and it doesn't make sense anymore. In fact, from your new space of awareness, you may find that much of what you have written, said and done is "wrong." I don't mean to say that there is absolute right and wrong. I don't believe in absolute right and wrong. Right and wrong is always based on your current perspective. Even if 99% of people agree, it doesn't mean the other 1% is wrong. Remember, again, the Flat Earth theory that was accepted by virtually 100% just a few hundred years ago. People hadn't reached a perspective, yet, that allowed them to see the world as spherical. Now everyone has.

Please excuse me if I repeat the same stories or concepts sometimes, but sometimes I believe they are worth being revisited, especially if from a different angle. People will understand the concepts only if portrayed in a way that fits their current perspective, and my audience, I believe, varies tremendously in perspective. This is a good thing, because it allows us to have more variety of experiences and opinions. If everyone agreed on everything, Life might get very boring. One thing I realize more is that is important not to judge others experiences and opinions. Sometimes the simplest person will be the one who sees the big picture, because they are not lost in too many concepts. I think that some of my past writings came too much from a judgmental point of view, and from the perspective that my way was right. I apologize to anyone who felt judged. We are all pretty hard on ourselves as it is, and I understand that following some of my past prescriptions would not be an easy task for many. I will still make recommendations, which you can take or leave, if I found some growth or joy from following them.

We all go through shifts in perspective. Most of our perspectives about how time should be spent have shifted dramatically, for example. Twenty years ago, we didn't have YouTube, Facebook, blogs, text messaging or iPhones, so we didn't spend any time on them. Now many of us spend countless hours every week on these modalities. Can you even remember what you were doing with that time 10 years ago? Are you finding more joy in these things, or were you spending your time more joyfully before? Not judging. Just asking. When was the last time you went to dinner without somebody checking something on their phone? Yes, me too.

One thing I notice from my new perspective is that my writings are sometimes too long. My mind tends to ramble and wants to say everything at once. Very few people will read my entire post if it is long. I'll stop here for now.

From My Perspective,
Alan

1 comment:

  1. Alan,

    I am grateful you put your thoughts, beliefs, perspectives, and ideas 'out there'.
    Yesterdays are not 'wrong'.
    Perhaps so right yesterday,
    and not so much today.
    That's okay, it's simply part of the process.

    I think we are all big people and if a feeling is evoked by something that is written [said, or experienced],
    we all hold the responsibility to understand why.
    Also, just part of the process.

    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete