4.17.2010

April 17th 2010 - The Shift

I never thought that I'd review a movie in my blog, but I just got finished watching "The Shift" by Dr. Wayne Dyer and it was amazing! It was recommended to me by a friend, and encapsulates a lot of my own thinking, and a lot of what I say in my blog.

The shift that Dr. Dyer refers to in the title, is the shift from living a life controlled by our Ego personalities, to living a life connected with our authentic selves. In the movie, Dr. Dyer beautifully weaves together the teachings of many different spiritual philosophies. He repeatedly quotes Lao Tzu's "Tao Te Ching," which I "coincidentally" just reread on my recent trip to Colombia. I really like the Stephen Mitchell translation of the "Tao Te Ching," if you are interested in reading it.

I do not want to ruin the movie for you, so I am not going to go into a lot of detail about it. It is available from Netflix. Here is a link to a YouTube trailer.

It is not a fast-paced, action-packed, Hollywood-type movie, so please don't expect one. It is a thinking person's movie that may move you to review your life priorities. It's a movie with a purpose beyond pure entertainment. I give it ten thumbs up. Please give it a watch and let me know what you think.

Continually Shifting,
Alan

P.S. Love this poem Dr. Dyer quotes in the movie from the Sufi poet Haifiz:

Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,

"You owe
Me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment